I have tried the debug.acpi.resume_beep=1 (with suspend_bounce cleared)
and, again, it seems to go to sleep (power button pulsing slowly) and when
I resume, it hangs completely...blocked with a loud and continuous
beep...which I was afraid will make my neighbors call the police and I
would have trouble explaining them about the resume_beep flag :)
But anyway, now that I know that it is beeping, how does it help me to get
further ?
In the meantime, I will also try the other tests you suggested.

To Lars: I will have to check the BIOS part.

Thanks,
Stefan