[Information taken from: http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=36368]

Product Specifications:
http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/netbook/2010/Acer/Aspire/AspireOneAO753/AspireOneAO753sp2.shtml
CPU Specifications:
http://ark.intel.com/products/49157/Intel-Celeron-Processor-U3400-2M-Cache-1_06-GHz#infosectionmemoryspecifications

FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE amd64 and the latest FreeBSD 10-CURRENT amd64 snapshot show exactly the same behaviour:

- CPU fan goes to maximum after booting
- "shutdown -p now" completes the shutdown process, turns off the screen, but does not turn off the computer - "reboot" completes the shutdown process, but gets stuck at the line "usbus1: Controller shutdown complete" for about 30 seconds before it finally reboots
- "zzz" does some USB related disconnecting and then just hangs

dmesg (showing some "unknown: I/O range not supported" and "unknown: I/O range not supported")
http://pastebin.com/QShf0jjd

sysctl hw.acpi
http://pastebin.com/9HLnS0cw

acpidump -dt