On 29 January 2013 12:29, Ian Smith <smi...@nimnet.asn.au> wrote:
> Ah right.  I don't suppose kldload -v shows anything useful about the
> problem loading it?  Ah, never mind, it may be obvious .. lightly
> skimming your asl.y530.gz, I recalled folks having to patch something
> for Lenovo rather than IBM OEMIDs .. hunt, hunt .. ok, here it is:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/164538

This is after the install of a patched acpi_ibm
[3500 root@gravity /usr/src/sys/modules/acpi ]#kldload -v acpi_ibm
Loaded acpi_ibm, id=12

[5507 eitan@gravity (100)% ~ !1!]%sysctl dev.acpi_ibm
sysctl: unknown oid 'dev.acpi_ibm'

> Hopefully adding the LEN0068 to ibm_ids might allow acpi_ibm to load; if
> not more digging may be needed for this model.

I'm not sure what ID this is matching so I don't even know what to
look at to try a different one.

>  > I mentioned this was a Lenovo IdeaPad Y530
>
> I'm assuming running 9.x?  I didn't see uname output in this thread.

[5505 eitan@gravity (100)% ~ ]%uname -a
FreeBSD gravity 9.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE #3 r244942M: Wed Jan
2 08:00:02 EST 2013     root@gravity:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
amd64

The "M" is a patched AR8161 driver and now a patched acpi_ibm driver.

--
Eitan Adler