https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=222425
Warren Block <[email protected]> changed: What |Removed |Added ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- CC| |[email protected] --- Comment #10 from Warren Block <[email protected]> --- I'm seeing this also when trying to switch from a 64G to 200G virtual disk in a VirtualBox VM. If I use gpart backup | gpart recover to copy the partition information, then delete and recreate the later partitions as larger ones, then write the bootcode, I get the gptboot: invalid primary GPT header gptboot: invalid backup GPT header gptboot: unable to load GPT flickering and repeating quickly on the VM console. Rewriting the bootcode again with gpart bootcode -b /boot/pmbr -p /boot/gptboot does not fix it, nor does setting the disk active. sha256 checksums on the boot partitions showed the working and non-working disks were identical. gpart says the old and new disk partition tables are valid, but the new one does not boot. Doing a gpart destroy -F on the new disk and manually creating partitions and writing bootcode works, and the drive boots normally. I have not tested on physical hardware. -- You are receiving this mail because: You are the assignee for the bug. _______________________________________________ [email protected] mailing list https://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-bugs To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[email protected]"
