In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Peter Jeremy writes:
: Someone with some free time on their hands might like to check thru
: the egcs code to see if enabling debug can affect the code generation.
: A quick check suggests that the relevant globals are write_symbols,
: use_gnu_debug_info_extensions and debug_info_level.  Generating SDB
: debugging information (for COFF) definitely can change code alignment,
: but working out if generating DBX debugging information has any effect
: on the generated code would take more time than I can justify right
: now.

It is my belief that gcc 2.7.3.2 generates different code when -g is
on the command line....  At least that's what I've seen from time to
time with kernels.

Warner