> I attempt to boot a CD off of the TP600E and I get the following errors:
>
> "Can't work out which disk we are booting from."
> "Guessed BIOS device 0x8b not found by probes, defaulting to disk0:"
>
> Then whenever it attmpts to access "disk0:" it goes to the floppy drive.
>
> Suggestions?

Known weirdness in the TP's BIOS not handled properly by the
bootloader.  I don't have immediate plans to do anything about this;
you could try hacking the loader to accept the 0x8b value and see if
that actually works.  Or you could pester IBM to DTRT.

--
\\  The mind's the standard       \\  Mike Smith
\\  of the man.                   \\  [EMAIL PROTECTED]