On Fri, 3 Sep 1999, Steve Price wrote:

> Can anyone think of a good reason why I can't migrate the
> old PNP ids to the new sio.c?  I just rebooted my box with
> a fresh kernel and much to my shagrin (sp?) my USR PNP
> modem didn't work anymore.  The following patch got it
> working again.

The reason I didn't move the old ids wholesale is that the old system
matched against the vendor id (which is bogus for multifunction cards).
The new system matches with the logical device id which is often different
from the vendor id. Some simple single function cards use the same id for
both (as yours does) but I can't tell this without seeing the pnpinfo
output.

> Now that we can't use the pnp command from 'boot -c', what
> has (if anything) replaced it?  I seem to be remember this
> being discussed recently but I'll be darned if I can find
> it in the mailing list archives.

The pnp command should no longer be needed (crossed fingers) since the new
code automatically detects devices and assigns resources to them.

--
Doug Rabson                             Mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Nonlinear Systems Ltd.                  Phone: +44 181 442 9037