On Sun, 19 Sep 1999, gramond lamoureux wrote:

> I was trying to upgrade from 2.2.6 to current using cvsup, then used
> make world.  All went well, ( I was in single user mode)  then I tried
> to reboot and I get the message
> mount: ufs filesystem not available.

You probably forgot to update at least one of: your kernel, or /etc (see
mergemaster port).

You're right that you shouldn't be running -current if you have to
cross-post to -newbies as well. If you really want to do this, then fine,
but please don't expect help with any problems you run into; you're
expected to know what you're doing on this mailing list.

You might want to play with 3.3 instead, since that's different enough
from 2.2.6 to give you something to do.

Thanks!
Kris