At 08:41 AM 9/28/99 +0930, Greg Lehey wrote:
>It has changed (again).

And the preferred method is...
a) /dev/da0
b) /dev/da0s1
c) /dev/da0s1e
(-current and -stable I hope :)

>> Not to surprising that it paniced with what appeared to be a
>> "dedicated" disk (ie da0e).
>
>It's surprising.  Good software shouldn't panic.  But this input is
>valuable, because now I know where to look.

Should have spoken up quite a while back.  Figured it was pilot error and
the panic was a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

>I think you're misinterpreting what Brad was saying.  He was issuing
>the same command, once during boot and once later.  I've had a number
>of reports of this problem, but this is the first one that helps me
>find the bug.

Interpreted as an either/or.  Vinum read followed by a vinum read (or start)?

>It's all in the pipeline.  But first we need Vinum on the root file
>system.

How is this coming along, been quite a while since anything has discussed
(-current/-stable/-cvs).  Last thing was back in July.

Jeff Mountin - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Systems/Network Administrator
FreeBSD - the power to serve
'86 Yamaha MaxiumX (not FBSD powered)