On Sun, 03 Oct 1999 08:09:49 -0300, Bryan Bursey wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if there are known issues with the xl0 driver in 4.0,
> or if it has been superceded by another driver which works with 3Com
> 3C900B.

That's a pretty broad question. I know that lots of people use the xl0
driver in CURRENT quite happily. To me, it sounds more like you used a
mismatched sysinstall to try to install FreeBSD. This is known to be
problematic, because there are new things in later releases that older
sysinstall's didn't know about.

You'll want to look at your netowkr configuration in /etc/rc.conf.

Ciao,
Sheldon.