In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> John-Mark Gurney writes:
: I thought we were working to the point that we could build a mips world
: on an x86 box??  w/ this, it completely breaks it...  the whole idea of
: a buildworld is that the tools can be build on ANY platform and run,
: (assuming the tools support it) and then be able to build the target...

No.  It won't built completely, but only through the first kernel
files that are needed (at least in the checked in tree).  I had things
further, but lost them in a disk crash.  I've not had the time to
revisit it since then.

I defintely will have to try this again after these changes.  If it
can't be made to work, this is a huge deal...  However, the current
build tree isn't careful enough to distinguish between host run
programs and target programs, which is why we're having this problem.
I suspect that making this work will make cross building easier (and
vice versa).

Warner