> hi,
>
> On Fri, Oct 15, 1999 at 12:57:26AM -0700, Mike Smith wrote:
>
> > That's correct.  '-v' at the boot: prompt does nothing.
>
> But '/kernel' is default kernel name, so "-v" will be option to default
> kernel name (at least FreeBSD 1.1.5.1/2.* does that :-) ).

However, FreeBSD 3.x and 4.x do not.  /boot/loader is the default
object loaded by boot2.

> > > Q: What I do then ?
> > > A: On boot prompt type "kernel -v"
> > >
> > > Q: So ?
> > > A: All works fine (system is booting in verbose mode)
> >
> > '-v' is an argument to the kernel.  Specify it as such.  8)
> If we have default kernel name then why I can't pass parameters there
> and have to excplicitly type kernel name ?

You can.  Don't interrupt boot2, wait for the loader, and use 'boot -v'.

\\ Tell him he should learn how to fish himself,  \\  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
\\ and he'll hate you for a lifetime.             \\  [EMAIL PROTECTED]