hi,

On Fri, Oct 15, 1999 at 03:09:44AM -0700, Bill Swingle wrote:

> > > '-v' is an argument to the kernel.  Specify it as such.  8)
> >
> > If we have default kernel name then why I can't pass parameters there
> > and have to excplicitly type kernel name ?
>
> You don't have to explicitly specify the kernel name. If the default
> kernel has already been loaded you just have to tell it what to do.
>
> 'boot -v'

You're talking about loader(8) boot stage and I about boot2 stage (before
loader(8) execution)

> It's pretty consistant with other OS's boot prompt.
Ok, I see that I'll not get answer to my question except "do it otherwise".

Sorry.

--
/* Alexey Zelkin                       && [EMAIL PROTECTED]    */
/* Tavric National University          && [EMAIL PROTECTED]  */