>Given the recent posting of DVD movie decryption code (see Slashdot
>for details), I was wondering if there was interest for code that
>does CSS authentication for DVD-ROM drives.

I looked at the slashdot posts, and was surprised (I guess) to see that nobody
seems to know about the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.  Part of which makes
it a copyright violation (at $2500/copy distributed) to "manufacture or
distribute technology" which can be used to bypass encryption of digital
works.  E.g., DVDs.

I'm reasonably sure that parts of this will be struck down for constitutional
reasons, but until it is... it's a very risky thing to do.