On Wed, Nov 10, 1999 at 03:05:28PM -0700, Warner Losh wrote:
> : # or we need to rewrite and maintain pccard code(/sys/dev/pccard)?
>
> That's the real answer.  Anybody willing to help, please let me know.
> I have probe/attach code for the pcic code (in /sys/dev/pcic) going,
> but I've not hooked up the pccard stuff to it.  My work on this is
> on hold for the moment until my Sony VAIO gets back from Sony...
> Hopefully by Friday when I head off for the weekend...

I'm willing to try/test anything, but as I am stuck with enormous
amounts of work for the rest of the year, I can only spend minimal
time actually touching the code.

I'd love to see this fixed, though.  It's an incredible annoyance to
have to shut my laptop off instead of suspending.

As for the arguments about "safe" removal, let's not let the quest for
the perfect shed kill this; if the device has to be disabled before
removing it, so be it.. but right now it's not possible to remove a
pccard at all.
--
Christopher Masto         Senior Network Monkey      NetMonger Communications
[EMAIL PROTECTED]        [EMAIL PROTECTED]        http://www.netmonger.net

Free yourself, free your machine, free the daemon -- http://www.freebsd.org/