In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Christopher Masto writes:
: Hey, we're getting somewhere.  It works, in that it stops the panic.
: I get the "ed0: unloaded" message, and the machine doesn't panic, but
: there are still some problems.  It seems that device_delete_child
: is failing (I forgot to print the return code, but it is not zero),
: and reinserting the card results in "ed0 already exists, using
: next available unit number", and then the dreaded "driver allocation
: failed" (presumably the resources have not been freed).
:
: Putting in a different kind of card ends up with two children, so
: it seems that the only part of the delete actually happens.

Hmmm...  That's something...  How do you know that the delete_child is
failing?  An if printing that it failed or conjecture based on the
insertion results?

Warner