In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Mike Smith writes:
: The only "right" solution is for us to mandate that people down cards
: before ejecting them.  The physical design of pccards basically gives us
: no other option.  No matter how hard we try to get it "right" for
: spontaneous removal, we can't win that fight.

I agree with this.  In fact the pccard standard is very careful to
state that pccard and cardbus support hot insertion rather than hot
swap.

I wanted to make it suck less and give poorly written drivers more of
a chance to work.

Warner