> 3.  Get pissed off with FreeBSD and go elsewhere.

don't worry I am sure that quite a few user have left  already.
This kind of situation reminds of when  I
accidently broke the gus max backwards compatibility.

An old friend of mine sent me a quiet note stating that
he switch OSes cause he couldn't use his soundcard
with FreeBSD . The mail didn't surprise me what really
surprise is that he just switch OSes without warning
me. So we have quiet types and "loud" types of users.
The users which complaint don't bother me at least
I know what they are thinking .

The users / developers ratio initially bother me in the
multimedia mailing list;however, I came to the conclusion
that we do need a large user base to maximize
test coverage and feasibility .

--

 Amancio Hasty
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]