:
:make sure you test odd packet lengths. (as in "not even")
:there are occasional bugs that turn up with that sort of thing.

    Yup.  Way ahead of you.

    Hmm. usleep() seems to have a high granularity - only about 150 Hz.
    How annoying!

    I've put the linktest program up on my web site.  This one adds a
    '-f' option that allows you to specify to run the test as quickly
    as possible with up to N packets in transit to any given host
    at any given moment, default 1 (i.e. -f == -f1.  Try -f2, -f3...).

        http://apollo.backplane.com/FreeSrc/linktest-1.0.c

                                            -Matt