[Moved to just -current; this doesn't need to keep getting cross-posted]

> It's not like were moving from v4 to v6. Were just asking that it
> be included in the OS. It should be available to researchers using
> 4.0-RELEASE. That's all im saying. There is no reason to ask for resources
> or anything else to make it happen. It's simply, include it even though
> it's buggy or dont.

Well, all I can say is that this represents one of the most bizarre
and frankly unrealistic perspectives I've seen for a long, long time
(well, maybe not that long - Karl's message was pretty recent, wasn't
it?).

How do you think things "get included" in the OS?  Do you think one
just moves the KAME bits into a directory next to /usr/src, goes away
for 24 hours to let them bits do their thing, and then comes back to
find that nature has done the rest of the work?  Sorry, it might work
that way for hamsters but it doesn't work that way for code!  Somebody
has to DO the integration and then be willing to stand behind it while
10,000 people start screaming how broken it is and how it needs to be
fixed in the following 4,891 ways.  That requires resources, resources
which even the KAME folk (who certainly know this code better than
anyone else) have been hard-pressed to provide or the IPv6/IPSec
support would already BE in FreeBSD today!

- Jordan