> "Rodney W. Grimes" wrote:
> [..]
> > So no disk, so just what is it that you are exporting???
>
> Just a comment:
>
> I've seen scenarios where a local disk is attached holding a kernel,
> bootblocks loader etc, but otherwise booting from a server over NFS.  And
> it exported the rest of it's disk for general use...  It's easier than
> netbooting, allows each machine to contribute disk space to the cluster in
> addition to compute cycles, keyboard, screen etc.

See other mail about the evilness of cross mounting NFS, this especially
applies in a cluster!  You can't bloody cold start the beast easily.

One way I have seen it worked around is to flag the NFS mounts -background
so that they don't hang the boot process.  Still evil lurks in these
corners of the world...

--
Rod Grimes - KD7CAX @ CN85sl - (RWG25)               [EMAIL PROTECTED]