Hi ...

><URL:http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=245121+249137+/usr/local/www/db/text/1998/freebsd-multimedia/19980215.freebsd-multimedia>
>
> I (and many others, I'm sure) would be very grateful if somebody would
> implement Luigi's first suggestion, to wit:

I get the hint :)

> > 1) complete the SETFRAGMENT (or whatever it is called) implementation
> >    (not hard, you just need to reduce the blocksize in the dma buffer
> >    descriptor and reset the dma channel;

I had a look at the current pcm in -current ... there is code to change
the second snd buffer size when it is requested ... but I'm not exactly
sure what is the difference between the first and second buffer ....

I stil have to find out how to "reset" the dma channel ... because I
don't see that that is done anywhere ....

Anyone with some help ???? :)

> The ioctl in question is SNDCTL_DSP_SETFRAGMENT. Its semantics are
> described in the "Making audio complicated" section of the OSS
> Programmer's Guide: <URL:http://www.opensound.com/pguide/audio2.html>.

I'm having a look at this too :)

Reinier