On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, Garrett Wollman wrote:

> <<On Thu, 27 Jan 2000 13:28:10 -0800, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>
> >> 3. On the first reboot after installing, the keyboard was in a funny
> >> state.
>
> > Urk, can't reproduce it.  I need a reproducible sequence of operations
> > before we'll have any hope of tackling this one.
>
> >> Control-alt-del definitely didn't work, so I had to power off and
> >> reboot.  This hasn't repeated itself.
>
> > Same here.
>
> I have on a number of occasions had my laptop boot with a
> non-functional keyboard.  Sometimes the keyboard is just locked; other
> times it generates garbage.  Never managed to isolate the
> circumstances in which this happened (but it didn't happen with a
> kernel from last September or there-abouts).  Haven't had it happen on
> a desktop or server yet.
>
> -GAWollman
As another sort of me-to, I use a non-standard key board from an ols
lunch-box portable.  It seems to have stopped working correctly in the
boot-loader/visual config, although it still works fine in single-user and
above.  I mention this only in that it might be a useful data point, it
has never been enough of a hassle for me to try to understand exactally
what is going on, I just hook up a spare 101-key keyboard.

Brian Beattie            | The only problem with
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      | winning the rat race ...
www.aracnet.com/~beattie | in the end you're still a rat