> <<On Thu, 27 Jan 2000 13:28:10 -0800, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>
> >> 3. On the first reboot after installing, the keyboard was in a funny
> >> state.
>
> > Urk, can't reproduce it.  I need a reproducible sequence of operations
> > before we'll have any hope of tackling this one.
>
> >> Control-alt-del definitely didn't work, so I had to power off and
> >> reboot.  This hasn't repeated itself.
>
> > Same here.
>
> I have on a number of occasions had my laptop boot with a
> non-functional keyboard.  Sometimes the keyboard is just locked; other
> times it generates garbage.  Never managed to isolate the
> circumstances in which this happened (but it didn't happen with a
> kernel from last September or there-abouts).  Haven't had it happen on
> a desktop or server yet.

I have seen this on numerious occasion, but have never tracked it down
to any one specific thing.  All on desktop and servers, but thats
only because we don't do laptops.

I have not seen it in quite some time (about a month), so I am thinking
it has probably been unknowingly fixed someplace.  I'll keep an eye
out for it.

--
Rod Grimes - KD7CAX @ CN85sl - (RWG25)               [EMAIL PROTECTED]