On Tue, 08 Feb 2000 14:22:25 EST, Gerald Abshez wrote:

>There is only the ethernet card plugged in. After the boot probe
>completes, I get:
>ep0: No irq?!

I also have one of these cards, and it's working fine under 4.0-CURRENT.

Seems like the default IRQs used by pccard are being used by something
else on your laptop.  The default line in /etc/pccard.conf.sample is

        irq     3 5 10 11 13 15

I needed to add "-i13 -i15" to my /etc/rc.conf's pccard_flags entry as
all other IRQs on my laptop were in use.  I could have also edited the
pccard.conf file.

If there's some point at bootup where you can add these flags to
pccardd or edit its default pccard.conf.sample file, it's worth a shot.

I installed 3.4-STABLE from 3.4's floppies and CDs onto my laptop,
hacked /etc/pccard.conf to create an entry for my Megahertz, then
updated it to 4.0-CURRENT via NFS.  I never tried the 4.0 boot floppies
since I needed to run "make installworld" from a build on another box.

        -- Parag Patel