In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> "David O'Brien" writes:
: On Tue, Feb 08, 2000 at 11:56:43AM -0800, Parag Patel wrote:
: > Seems like the default IRQs used by pccard are being used by something
: > else on your laptop.  The default line in /etc/pccard.conf.sample is
: >
: >     irq     3 5 10 11 13 15
:
: Personally I don't know of anyone that hasn't had to remove `3' and `5'
: from the the sample pccard.conf file.  I personally think we should
: remove these two before 4.0-R.

No.  That won't likely happen.  Some compaq machines want 3 and 5.
Other machines want 10 and 11, while others want others.  sysinstall
does need to be updated to cope with these oddities.  It doesn't right
now.  Damn laptops are the most pathologically eclictic machines that
FreeBSD supports.

Warner