On Fri, Feb 25, 2000 at 03:02:58PM -0800, Joel Ray Holveck wrote:
> Not with the port.  I was installing Qt to /usr/local/qt, and the port
> was putting the libs in a non-standard place where KDE couldn't find
> them.  :-C  I built Qt 1.45 by hand, installed it, set QTDIR, and
> everything compiled fine.  I haven't done much testing on it yet (only
> ran kdehelp a couple of times), but nothing obvious.

As far as I can tell, the KDE ports find Qt just fine. KDE insists on
putting everything under the same dir, as does Qt. This violates our
hierarchy (see hier(7) manpage), so we had to make some mods to the
configurations for Qt and KDE ports. It's not that difficult.

If you're gonna use a port, use ports for its dependencies too. You'd be
stupid not to use the ports whenever you can. No one has ever provided
me a convincing reason why this is not true.

--
Will Andrews <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>