yOn Sat, 26 Feb 2000, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > +# Generate SSH host key, if it doesnt exist. Both sshd and ssh need it
> > +# so we do it unconditionally on sshd_enable.
>
> Are you sure ssh requires a host key?  I could have sworn this was
> entirely related to sshd and could thus be lumped into the same
> "if sshd_enable=YES" clause.

The code does not lie :-)

>From ssh.c:

        /*
         * If we successfully made the connection, load the host private
key
         * in case we will need it later for combined rsa-rhosts
         * authentication. This must be done before releasing extra
         * privileges, because the file is only readable by root.
         */
        if (ok) {
                host_private_key = RSA_new();
                if (load_private_key(HOST_KEY_FILE, "", host_private_key,
NULL))
                        host_private_key_loaded = 1;
        }

Kris

----
"How many roads must a man walk down, before you call him a man?"
"Eight!"
"That was a rhetorical question!"
"Oh..then, seven!" -- Homer Simpson