On Sat, 26 Feb 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> But this means that ssh must be setuid root. Some of us insist on *not*
> using rsa-rhosts authentication, and install ssh without any privileges.
>
> Looks to me like we need a couple of alternatives here.

If you want to tinker with the file permissions, can't you deal with the
fact that the startup scripts will create a host key for you the first
time you boot with it installed?

What do you want alternatives to?

Kris

----
"How many roads must a man walk down, before you call him a man?"
"Eight!"
"That was a rhetorical question!"
"Oh..then, seven!" -- Homer Simpson