Well I'll be a cat in a hat!  IDE DMA actually works on my old
    PPro-200 box with a new IDE drive!  A solid 8 MBytes/sec out of the
    thing.  My poor old 4 GB SCSI barracuda could only do 4.3 MB/sec.
    Time to replace the barracuda, I think.

    It doesn't work on my CTX box, though - heh.  Quantity verses Quality,
    I guess.  The CTX box was ~$1K 3 months ago while my PPro box was ~$3K
    a year and a half ago.

                                        -Matt
                                        Matthew Dillon
                                        <dil...@backplane.com>