I've a feeling that somewhere there is a memory
problem.  Netscape-specific perhaps, but I suspect
otherwise due to what I've seen.

For example:  the one machine that I have which
will constantly dump core when Netscape is run
is an HP Vectra.  I've tried 3.0, 2.2.8, all current
patches, etc.  Core dump.  Yet when I loaded Linux,
it worked without incident.

I have not yet tried Linux emulation, but will give
it a shot.

I suspected that perhaps the netscape binary needed
to be recompiled against a current system.  Why?
System calls are updated, etc.   There might be
something really funky going on.  The fact that it's
stripped of debugging symbols doesn't help much --
but perhaps someone more adept at debugging might
take a moment to look into it.

Forrest