In message <199901260451.uaa23...@bubba.whistle.com>, Archie Cobbs writes:
>Maxim Sobolev writes:
>> Can you point all people (and me of course) who want to test DEVFS to some
>> common information about DEVFS (usage, possible advantages/disadvantages etc.
>> I think some FAQ or so will be nice. It's really will help us to go further
>> with this issue.
>
>I agree.. and I've bugged Julian to put something together...
>
>Basically, there are a few things that need to be done to get DEVFS
>into the 'mainstream'... and this includes SLICE.

No, it doesn't have to be SLICE.  In particular, if we're going the
SLICE way, it should be done >right<, and Julians SLICE code didn't
do that. (I know, I spent close to 6 months prototyping the concept
and julian had my code to work from).

p...@freebsd.org               "Real hackers run -current on their laptop."
FreeBSD -- It will take a long time before progress goes too far!