Steve Kargl writes :

> These should be left has ports.

I can understand the people who need DHCP to get their systems
up.  OTOH, where does one draw the line.  Is DHCP core functionality?

Another issue to be taken into account: there is already a bootp daemon
in the tree.  Anyone putting any DHCP functionality in should look
very seriously at any possibilities of combining the functionality,
rather than creating what amounts to a degree of redundancy.
(I haven't looked at DHCP-WIDE, and consequently, I don't know if
it also supports bootp functionality.)

I personally would prefer to see DHCP left a port.  But, OTOH, more
and more people are using dynamic IP address assignment on their
networks.  (Not an easy one.)

Geoff.

--
Geoff Rehmet,