On Wed, 10-Feb-1999 at 17:01:00 +1030, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Feb 1999, Andre Albsmeier wrote:
>
> > 2.2.x for a while. (I have problems using runsocks from the socks5
> > package, but yet haven't figured out if it's my fault).
>
> runsocks works fine for me in socksifying the stuff I use it for (FTP clients,
> simple TCP apps, etc). What are you having problems with?

Hmm, just finished my 3.1 upgrade, compiled socks and runsocks seems
to work now. The only thing that doesn't work is compiling the telnet
included with socks5:

cc -I. -I../../include -I./../../include -O -pipe -DANDRE
-D__USE_FIXED_PROTOTYPES__  -DHAVE_SETUPTERM  -DSOCKS -DINCLUDE_PROTOTYPES
-DKLUDGELINEMODE  -DSOCKS -DINCLUDE_PROTOTYPES -o telnet authenc.o commands.o
main.o network.o ring.o sys_bsd.o telnet.o terminal.o tn3270.o utilities.o
-L../../lib -lsocks5   -lcrypt   -lncurses -Llibtelnet -ltelnet
telnet.o: In function `gettermname':
telnet.o(.text+0x9f2): undefined reference to `ttytype'
*** Error code 1 (continuing)
`all' not remade because of errors.

But this doesn't bother me because always I runsocks the FreeBSD telnet.

Anyway, I will keep on experimenting on my home machine (where it failed
yesterday) and look what happened. Maybe it was just to late in the evening...

Thanks,

        -Andre