In message <19990210135902.a7...@internal> Andre Albsmeier writes:
: Hmm, just finished my 3.1 upgrade, compiled socks and runsocks seems
: to work now. The only thing that doesn't work is compiling the telnet
: included with socks5:
:
: cc -I. -I../../include -I./../../include -O -pipe -DANDRE
-D__USE_FIXED_PROTOTYPES__  -DHAVE_SETUPTERM  -DSOCKS -DINCLUDE_PROTOTYPES
-DKLUDGELINEMODE  -DSOCKS -DINCLUDE_PROTOTYPES -o telnet authenc.o commands.o
main.o network.o ring.o sys_bsd.o telnet.o terminal.o tn3270.o utilities.o
-L../../lib -lsocks5   -lcrypt   -lncurses -Llibtelnet -ltelnet
: telnet.o: In function `gettermname':
: telnet.o(.text+0x9f2): undefined reference to `ttytype'
: *** Error code 1 (continuing)
: `all' not remade because of errors.
:
: But this doesn't bother me because always I runsocks the FreeBSD telnet.
:
: Anyway, I will keep on experimenting on my home machine (where it failed
: yesterday) and look what happened. Maybe it was just to late in the evening

Ah yes.  the telnet bug.  I had forgotten about that one.  I'll try to
fix it shortly.  In fact, most of the r utilities that socks creates
could likely be better integrated with FreeBSD's commands.  I'll look
into how hard that would be.

Warner