On Tue, Feb 23, 1999 at 04:16:26PM +0100, Eivind Eklund wrote:
> > Somehow this strikes me as a Bad Thing...
>
> It _is_ a bad thing.  I've been pondering what to do with the
> intrusive invariant checks - make them dependent on
> INTRUSIVE_INVARIANTS, perhaps?

Depends on how dangerous these invariant violations are, I would think.
Iow, do they justify a panic()?

> That would still make some KLDs incompatible with INTRUSIVE_INVARIANTS, but
> that is probably the best we can do.

At least that way the non-intrusive ones can be left in (and still be useful).

Cheers,
--
Jos Backus                          _/  _/_/_/    "Reliability means never
                                   _/  _/   _/     having to say you're sorry."