:Jos Backus wrote:
:>
:> > That is, INVARIANTS in kernel incompatible with dynamic loading.
:>
:> Somehow this strikes me as a Bad Thing...
:
:Invariants is not for the production minded. It is for those who
:work with things likely to get broken. Say, for instance, -current.
::-)
:
:--
:Daniel C. Sobral                       (8-DCS)

    I would disagree with that.  Invariants are for people who want
    their data to be as safe as possible and don't mind eating a little
    cpu doing extra sanity checks in the kernel.  It is something I would
    almost certainly enable in a production kernel.

    DIAGNOSTIC, on the otherhand, is something I would only enable in
    an extreme test environment.

:d...@newsguy.com
:d...@freebsd.org

                                        -Matt