Sheldon Hearn once wrote:

> > : 3. Send patches.
> >
> > And I certainly don't care enough to do that!-)

> So, what? You're just arguing for fun? If so, then you and everyone
> else doing like wise can just piss the hell off.

I, for one, was arguing because I saw a number of people ask about
this over the last years.

Instead of being told "sorry, we do not comply with this part of
ANSI standard for reasons such and such", this people were told
how they have to be better sysadmins and what not.

This time around, it took several days of a long thread for somebody
to admit _the problem exists_.

People are sensitive about this -- you yourself had to resort to
using a notion refering to physiology AND a notion of religious
nature to express your feelings...

To avoid this discussion in the future, Handbook, FAQ, and malloc(3)
should be updated to reflect the fact, that FreeBSD's malloc does
NOT indeed to conform to ANSI/C, strictly speaking. All good
arguments as to why this is good for someone's health can also go
there. A TODO list can have an entry about this, because ANSI
compliance is A Good Thing(TM), is not it?

        -mi