In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Ruslan Ermilov writes:
: > 1) genassym and config were complaining about not being able to find
: > libc.so.4 when I installed them. Workaround: go back and rebuild with with
: > CFLAGS="-static"

A better work around is cd lib/libc and do a make install.

: We certainly need to update src/UPDATING accordingly, see the patch
: attached.

: +     make buildkernel installkernel KERNEL="NAME_OF_YOUR_KERNEL"

I'm not sure that this is wise.  When I tried this, I got
/NAME_OF_YOUR_KERNEL rather than /kernel like I'd have expected.

Warner