On 15.08.2012 14:11, Lev Serebryakov wrote:
Hello, Alexander.
You wrote 15 августа 2012 г., 15:07:32:

AM> Yes, that is what I expected to see there. If you have timecounter other
AM> then i8254, you can release i8254 from those duties to allow using it as
AM> one-shot setting hint.attimer.0.timecounter=0. Otherwise there are no
AM> options now.

% dmesg | grep timer
pmtimer0 on isa0
Event timer "RTC" frequency 32768 Hz quality 0
attimer0: <AT timer> at port 0x40 on isa0
Event timer "i8254" frequency 1193182 Hz quality 100
%

I've meant `kern.timecounter`.

(b) with interrupts, system works much better when it works (wire2wifi
speed is affected by wire2wire traffic, but to much less extent), but
it freezes every third minute for minute, when traffic is passed, but
no user-level applications including BIND and DHCP server) works at
all FOR MINUTE OR MORE. It not looks like 100ms lag, which could affect
video playback. It looks like 60-120 seconds lag! At least, in case of
ULE, I didn't try 4BSD yet.
AM> In this case problem may be that kernel and interrupt threads are all
AM> having absolute priorities. It means until they release the CPU,
AM> user-level may get no CPU time at all. :(
  How  could  it  be  seen  in  KTR  traces?  Where could I read how to
decipher and read these traces?

There is python GUI tool /usr/src/tools/sched/schedgraph.py for it. Short manual is inside.

--
Alexander Motin