Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On Friday 08 February 2013 19:21:24 Ian FREISLICH wrote:
> > Uptime: 7s
> > Dumping 237 out of 3971
> > MB:..7%..14%..21%..34%..41%..54%..61%..75%..81%..95%
> >
> > Reading symbols from /boot/kernel/acpi_asus_wmi.ko...Reading symbols from
> > /boot/kernel/acpi_asus_wmi.ko.symbols...done. do
>
> Maybe you can also look into /var/crash for more information?

This is from /var/crash.  The vmcore is quite badly corrupted.

[new] /var/crash # kgdb -c vmcore.4 /boot/kernel/kernel
GNU gdb 6.1.1 [FreeBSD]
This GDB was configured as "amd64-marcel-freebsd"...(no debugging symbols
found)...
Attempt to extract a component of a value that is not a structure pointer.
Attempt to extract a component of a value that is not a structure pointer.
#0  0xffffffff8041a3e4 in doadump ()
(kgdb)

I've just noticed that I had USB_DEBUG="yes" set.  I'm trying a
kernel without that set just in case that tickles an issue.

It's been ages (2 years or more) since I used this card so a binary
search is nearly out of the question.  I'm trying to ressurect it
because I got a new laptop with a totally useless new iwn(4) "Centrino
Advanced-N 6235" card in it that can't do 40MHz channels and can't
stay connected to a 20MHz channel for longer than 15 minutes at a
stretch.  And, the antenna cables have w-FL connectors so I can't
just replace it with a good old AR9285.  I'm not sure I'll be able
to desolder the w-FL connectors and move them to my Atheros card
without destroying them.

I'll try to capture some more useful debugging data, but it blows
up pretty badly when the card is inserted.

Ian

--
Ian Freislich