:       http://phk.freebsd.dk/misc
:
:I belive the patch is now fundamentally ready for commit, I'm running
:it here myself, and the delta in kernel warnings have been analyzed
:and deemed mostly harmless.
:
:Some componenents are still not converted and use a cast from bio to
:buf, prominently vinum and ccd, but they should work all the same
:anyway.
:
:Poul-Henning

    Ripping up the buffer cache right smack in the middle of Greg trying
    to debug a serious vinum/bio problem is atrocious timing.  I have no
    words to describe how following that up with even more commits, despite
    the complaints, should be categorized.  I don't understand while you
    haven't backed these commits out and I doubly do not understand why you
    continue to make further commits.

    And this isn't even counting the fact that you've done all of this
    without word-1 to group discussion-wise.  I'm all for separating the
    I/O from the buffer cache, but forcing it into the tree as a done-deal
    when two other people are also actively working in the VFS/BIO subsystem
    is unjustifiable (in the extreme).

                                        -Matt
                                        Matthew Dillon
                                        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>