On Mon, Apr 03, 2000, Matthew Dillon wrote:

> :
> :
> :Matt,
> :
> :When I mailed arch@ about this change I got no response from anybody
> :but Bruce.
> :
> :I talked to Kirk about it in Malmø and got his approval.
> :
> :This is not unplanned.
> :
> :This is also not untested, I have two complete prototypes behind me.
> :
> :It is regretable that vinum was broken, and I hope that it is fixed
> :with Alfreds changes, one can't win 100% all the time.
> :
> :Your time would be more productively used by reviewing and testing
> :the patch at http://phk.freebsd.dk/misc than by preaching.
> :
> :As to the debugging of the malloc/free issue in vinum, Sørens suggestion
> :to use releng4 sounds downright sensible to me, and I suggest you do
> :that.
> :
> :--
> :Poul-Henning Kamp             FreeBSD coreteam member
>
>     I don't think these excuses come close to justifying your commits
>     or your timing.

* His timing did suck
* He's now doing the right thing, at least, instead of committing the
  second patchset without submitting them for peer review
* breaking vinum did suck
* RELENG_4 is a good place to play with vinum fixes too
* You both have committed things that have broken other areas. :-)

This really isn't constructive. I haven't looked at the patchset that
phk has posted up but I think it'd be more useful if people gave
comments about the changes and their usefulness rather than the bickering
going on now.

Please :)

Adrian