On 10/7/13 9:49 PM, Julian Elischer wrote:
On 10/8/13 11:19 AM, Lyndon Nerenberg wrote:
On 2013-10-07, at 8:15 PM, Steve Kargl <s...@troutmask.apl.washington.edu> wrote:

Maybe there was no development for 15 years.  However, the 7364
lines in ChangeLog after 2010-02-04 suggests that there may
be few bugs to worry about.

I think the fact is that most direct users of RCS use it in a very simple way, and it works just fine for that. with no real need for any updates or any change.

With all due respect Julian, The more we discuss this more this really points to the problem that FreeBSD appears to be a challenge to install packages into such that a package moving out of base is such a big deal.

Can we fix that instead?

I mean, this change should really not be a big deal, but yet it is and this speaks to the core of FreeBSD utility.

So again, is there a way to make it so adding RCS after install is not a big deal at all?

--
Alfred Perlstein