Adrian Chadd wrote, On 12/30/2013 22:17:
On 17 December 2013 22:41,  <d...@gmx.com> wrote:
It fixes non-deterministic lockups when the (old, drm1) r300 drivers are
used.

According to John Baldwin [1]: "The drm code is doing a copyin() while
holding a mutex (which is not allowed)." The latest version of the patch
(also the one I used for years) is at [2], linked from [3].

Hm. Well, can we add some lock assertions to the dri code to panic
whenever this is done?

Oops, I meant panics, not lockups. The kernel panics exactly because -- as I
gather -- the assertions are already there.

There are lockup issues even with the patch applied (for the most part, only when using, in
Xorg.conf: Option "AccelMethod" "EXA").