On Thu, Apr 03, 2014 at 11:21:34AM +0200, Matthias Gamsjager wrote:
> > Since when is GIMP an alternative to Lightroom?  I was talking about
> > raw processors, not raster image manipulators.
> The opensource alternatives to Lightroom come not close to the original.

They maybe not yet a drop-in replacement, but they are competitive enough
to be discussed on photo forums (read: outside open source geeky cabal):

As they say, "The differences in actual editing are negligible. It's not
even worth migrating between the two.  LR comes with a price-tag, Darktable
comes with bugs."