On 24 Apr 2014, at 22:35, O. Hartmann <ohart...@zedat.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> It seems that OpenBSD is now forking their own SSL implementation, called
> LibreSSL. As
> OpenBSD speaks for many similar opinion regarding the state of the code of
> OpenSSL, I'd
> like to hear what the plans are in FreeBSD for this critical portion of
> software.
>
> Is FreeBSD going to support the effords taken by OpenBSD and participating in
> the
> LibreSSL development (http://www.libressl.org/)?

Wouldn't it be wiser to wait and see what comes out of this project? :)
Besides, they're first making it for OpenBSD only (which is completely
reasonable), porting it will come even later.

If you want to contribute to LibreSSL now, I think the best you can do
is to donate money.  They don't seem to need more programmers... :)

-Dimitry