Beeblebrox wrote:
>> to get pxeboot to do v3, add to /boot/loader.conf
>> boot-nfsroot-options="nfsv3"
>Thanks. I'm using grub for the bootloader and menu, and comparable entry
>should be:
>set kfreebsd.boot.nfsroot.options=3D"nfsv3"
>It does not work however. mount_root hangs for a while then reverts to V2.
>I've asked about this on the grub-devel list, and will share the answer here.
I'm not sure. I vaguely recall that pxeboot (which is a stripped down version of
"boot") uses NFS to read /boot/loader.conf.

I'd try putting it in /boot/loader.conf on the root fs on the server, even if it
is using grub later.

This all assumes that your kernel is built with "options NFS_ROOT". If it built
with "options BOOTP" etc, then it is an entirely different story.

Good luck with it, rick
ps: At some point, capturing the packets and looking at them in wireshark should
    tell you what it is doing and when.
[stuff snipped for brevity]