Hi.
> Sorry for the delay to get back to you (including your private emails).
Not a problem, those were various reports left to your judgment as to their
significance. Better to provide more information rather than less.

slim failure: Traced to dbus start failure at bootup. Slim now starts, after
manual start of dbus.
GDM failure: Starts, but after taking a long time. I'll send Koop the log files
from my recent attempt.

> You mentioned  "ghost text" with nano in vt(4). Could you please file
> a bug in Bugzilla with a picture of what you get? Please join a dmesg too.
I can confirm this is still an issue. I'll try to get to it at the soonest.

> the unkillable processes are interesting. If you can reproduce
I really don't know how it came about, so no promises. The most interesting
part of that error however, was the behaviour of vt(4). The problem is not only
unkillable processes, but TTY freeze when doing an unrelated action to the
locked process. I mean, nano or top have nothing to do with webkit-gtk3, yet
caused TTY freeze (due to GPU lock-up I ignorantly presume)

> the flickering you see with some applications/desktop environments
This is really serious. It has lessened, but not gone away.
Additionally, I started to get a "sticky mouse" problem some time ago
and I'm inclined to agree with HPS' assessment that "drm2.ko graphics
driver has some hard spinning loops"
(http://freebsd.1045724.n5.nabble.com/Some-unresolved-but-important-X-org-problems-td5987904.html)
Have not had the hardware to test with different GPU unfortunately.

Regards.
--
FreeBSD_amd64_11-Current_RadeonKMS
Please include my email when responding-I may have unabled auto-delivery.