On Tue, Nov 03 2015, Pedro Giffuni wrote:

> What worries me about libtre is that it lacks important functionality like
> word
> delimiters. We even brought the sysv delimiters to be more compatible with
> Solaris and GNU and we can’t back those out now:
> https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=268066

It supports \< and \> out of the box, cf.

And the darwin patch mentioned above implements [[:<:]] and [[:>:]], see

That patch also implements the REG_STARTEND flag for regexec(3), which
is needed for vi.

Also, tre provides wchar versions for regcomp(3) and friends, so that
nvi wouldn't need its own private regex library anymore.